Find out whether, depending on your citizenship, country of long-term residence, and the duration and reasons for your stay, you need a visa to enter Spain.
PLEASE NOTE: This service is only available to all nationals residing in the Kazakhstan who wish to apply for a tourist, business or transit visa to Spain.
An application for a Schengen visa may be submitted no earlier than 90 days before the intended trip, but not less than 8 working days in Nur-Sultan and not less than 11 working days in Almaty. Please note that the submission date and departure date, weekends and holidays are not taken into account. The calendar of holidays can be found by following the link https://kz.blsspainvisa.com/public_holidays.php
The visa fee must be paid in cash in KZT.
Please bring the exact amount.
The visa fees are subject to change.
All visa fees are non-refundable.
|Short-stay visa categories
||Visa Fees in KZT
||Service Fees in KZT
|Minors < 6 years (6 years minus 1 day)
|Spouse and children of Spanish or European Union citizens under the age of majority
|Children between 6-12 years
|Nationals of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Moldova, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Ukraine, Russia.
The above mentioned Visa Fees are to be paid only in KZT & in cash.
Note: Exemption of Visa Fee for a Child is applicable only in case of Short Term categories, if the Child's age is less than 6 years on the date of Submission.
BLS International Service charge
Applicants applying at the Spanish Visa Application Centre shall be levied a service charge of 6497 KZT (inclusive of VAT 12%) payable in cash. Children under 6 years are exempted from Service charge.
- The applicable Visa Fee in KZT is as per the current Exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice
- The Fees are non-refundable
Please refer to the more complete information about the documents required for filing a visa. For your convenience, below is information in accordance with the purposes of trips:
- A visa application form correctly completed and signed by the applicant, The applicant shall be lodged no more than 3 months before the start of the intended visit. Persons included in the applicants travel document shall submit a separate application form.
- One recent color photographs (3 cm × 4 cm) bearing the true likeness to the applicant, 70% of the photo should be the face. Photos should not be scanned
- Travel document:The passport should be valid for at least three (3) months after the expiry of the validity period of the visa and contain at least two (2) free pages. Passport should not be older than10 years from the applicant’s day of intended travel to spain
- Travel Insurance Policy:The Travel Insurance should be an International Medical Insurance valid for all Schengen countries. The Insurance coverage should be at least 30,000 Euros or equivalent and cover all risks (e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency evacuation etc). If the Insurance booklet contains two original sheets, one will be kept by the embassy. If it contains only one the embassy will keep a copy of it.
- Proof of sufficient means of substance
- Proof of employment with salary slip, if appropriate
- Bank statements for the last 3 months, or traveler cheques, or document of sponsorship ( In accordance with the legislation of the Schengen member state concerned. Financial expenses are necessary to count 90 euros per day.
In the case of a multiple entry visa request, it’s possible to provide the necessary financial resources only for the first trip.
IMPORTANT: Trip for 9 or less days the minimum amount to the accounts should be 810 euros per person
- Proof of Accommodation & itinerary: Hotel reservations , a confirmation of the booking of an organized trip or any other appropriate document indicating the envisaged travel plan
- Booked flight tickets
- Invitation, entry tickets, enrolments or programmes stating the name of the host organization in the Schengen Member state and the length of stay or any other appropriate document indicating the purpose of the journey
- Non KAZAK National: Proof of residence in Kazakhstan , resident permit must be valid for 3 months beyond the intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen member states
- Birth certificate
- The consent of parental authority or legal guardian should be required only if the minor travel alone or only with one parent.
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself, which should not have been used previously in the passport. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against white background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background]
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the centre.
It is recommended to apply for the visa as early as possible. The minimum advance notice time for submitting a Schengen visa application will be 8 working days for the Nur-Sultan Visa Center and 11 working days for the Almaty Visa Center before the scheduled travel date. To calculate business days, see this link.